Art is Passe, Prostitution is the IN thing!

Yesterday, my paintings were screened by a Gallery owner in Gurgaon. A lady who is a writer, a book critic and a book store owner.
The lady saw my works with a lot of interest, kept on gazing at them and finally- as though hit by a eureka, turned, and told me that there is something missing in my works! The lines are good, colors in place....... ummmm......... its the strokes! They aint what one calls experienced. Maybe, I should blend the colors in a more patient way, do something about it!!!!!


Picasso, Self Potrait(Maybe this painting would never even be given a second look by these owners, but oops- its a Picasso!!!! If you want to be untidy then copy him....... else make nice looking paintings. That is maybe why everyone keeps on copying!)


All these owners want to turn everyone into clones, clones like the others. Clones- that are Universal and absolutely look alike. It is acceptable if I do a painting in pink if someone has done the same in red..... but do not even think of a blue or a green- That's not how it is done.

After a few years of playing and finding a style thats personal to me, a way that highlights how I can talk in colors and their application in a way that I can say belongs to me- I am told to talk plain!



Matisse, Self Potrait

No doubt these artists had to struggle so much. If they gave up....... the world wouldn't have had Matisse's and Picasso's.


I refuse to be a customer satisfying machine, I refuse to paint with selling as the main motive.

I refuse to listen to all the people who can do nothing but spread gyaan!

Comments

Popular Posts