Is this what all mystics talk about?

I love to challenge conditions- all conditions that are trained in me, and have been a part of me. It's like a psychological, social experiment that I do with myself. It's a very, how do I say? Mindful exercise, that opens up an internal dialogue.
The result- I really experience contrast that's offered in this world, and get a glimpse of what's shaping my usual reactions- good to say that I get to know my preferences even better.

In the last two years, I have tried experimenting extensively in the following domains:

1. Changing my wardrobe- not from a point of view of what I would aspire, but limiting my options, and ruling out my favourite set of purchases!

2. From a very weights oriented training regimen, to shunning weights completely, and adapting to more primitive ways of exercising. The are Indian clubs and mobility in my routine now.

3. Deliberately changing the way I paint. This is the toughest, as I keep on staring at the canvas, with what I would like to do- and just being dumbstruck for a different approach.

4. I have even started writing with my non dominant hand.

5. My eating habits are, another work in progress as I try to understand what, we as a race were meant to eat.... It's a world of packaged and processed foods!

As I do all these experiments with myself, I realise how a lot of everything is a result of influences. The more I toy with my habits- the more a different way of doing it, is revealed.


"Without struggle, no progress and no result. Every breaking of habit produces a change in the machine." - George Gurdjieff

Comments

Popular Posts