Art- On the Streets.


Painting as a proffesion becomes a tiresome task at times.

The painting bit is the only fun thing left, the whole jingerbang around arranging a proper show with all the la di la gets on too much of a marketing stint. What hits me at times is the whole revenue generation model that has hijacked our brains. Galleries can be another sales pitch that becomes a brain drain, if you arent selling at Christies at the moment. Well, then there is the whole opening night bit.

Since I am not selling at Christies at the moment, my family is not linked with the page3 crowd (though they may know the newspaper ink makers). I thought and then thought some more, realizing that as an artist there is painting that I need with a few people looking at my paintings.
________________________________________________________
How many people would want to have the artist that is in them pop-up at times, color- for the joy of it and get back to thier daily chores, leaving behind joy and self expression?

That is what is Aawaz.

forming slowly, forming surely.





Comments

Popular Posts