The Tao of something?????

As September ends- I find myself in a wierd state of tranquil chaos, along with the wallet getting scared.... Another show approaching!

16th November 2007, Malaka Spice showcases selected works of Sarandeep Grover titled- I see God. Please come and share the vision of the artist...... These lines always shake me up and I sit and wonder what am I, or if this question is framed in a different way- What is art all about?

Everyone focussing on the way art investment is the big thing- branding and treating paintings as a form of fetching money, better returns etc. I find myself being questioned by people on the current trends of art, and a probable forecast on what will be in demand 10 years from now.
Dear Reader, Let me confess - I myself dont have any clues on the same!!!!!

I paint coz something in me prompts me to.

Its madness. After almost 8 years, the method to this madness is gradually revealing itself. The reasons behind the common elements and the themes chosen till now are surfacing slowly. Withheld desires, fantasies and childhood impressions are reflecting in the form of shows and bringing along a freedom, from the past- and an emptiness to move forward. Thats precisely what hit me in the morning.
The approaching void.

What will I do after 30th of November??

Comments

Popular Posts