The world today is so opinionated.

Either they see a Picasso, or a Hussain in my works. If not that, then they suddenly see cartoonish drawings and pass on a comment.
I might be influenced by Picasso and Hussain, or even comic art for that matter. If these are my strenghts- I'd prefer developing them to an extent where influences fade away and something else takes shape. THIS is my journey- my evolution.

Painting is my journey.
A journey that is not too literal in telling a viewer a story, emotions or achievements. It's fragments that simply say- I am.
Dynamic at times, wanting to draw horse art or Gods the next moment. That is what is me.

Hailing from a family where the concept of God was these photographs over a book shelf, a portion in the house that is supposedly so sacred that it gets ignored most of the time. The missionary school gave me a fair idea on what Hell is and how Jesus can be my only saviour. Hinduism, comics and dreaming started playing in loops in my days. Slowly, spirituality started taking over, with an enquiry that surfaces like a childhood song- Is God something to be scared of, and depicted in a certain way?

Please participate and help me understand.

Comments

Popular Posts