Post- I See God

Articulating thoughts can be a real tiresome task at times, especially when the thoughts are a messed up ball of thread and no patience to sit with the strand in hand and keep wondering on the approach. Multiple beginnings and the impatience to hold on to one way, that’s what I land up in- Chaos!

A floating idea on what my new paintings have to be, along with the desire to rerun the moment when it struck me. Freeze the frame and run around it. Observing each thought as it came and talk to it.
How best can you be expressed?

Wait till an answer begins to come.

My new studies have to be the bone marrow of what makes me, exposed.
The next step to my spiritual paintings- my philosophy, not too in the face that it looks as if I am preaching. Expressions, those are not too illustrative.
Stories of Five Decades, the philosophy of Richard Bach, murals of Klimt, Sufism and the lyrics of Floyd delivered with the same finesse of their music.
The demons in the head and the hope in the heart, merged with social pressures and our conditioning as Hindus or Muslims. Peaceful, fun loving neighbors that make 1984 or Godhra happen.

The lost essence of Humanity.

Then, I question myself. When we humans had the essence and lost it?

New confusions arise. I do not want to pick up a particular incident of history and talk about it. Partition or religious riots are not what I want to talk about. Yet, at the same time I cannot help but question religion- The identity that is given to a person when born and stays smeared in the hearts of many generations, till one person takes the courage to unbelong. This question I want to ask to all the spiritual heads, the masses that listen to them and follow them. I want to ask them all- Why?
Why do we set boundaries and tie ourselves in chains?

The residue of all this is nothing but a feeling of compromise- called life by many.

These are the questions I want to paint. The aim is not to preach or to generate enquiry in the hearts of the onlookers. If that happens- It’s a bonus.

Its freedom I seek. The freedom I talked about in my earlier post. I seek liberation from these questions that run a full circle and end up in the same feeling of disgust and spite.
Melting away the despair and applying it in the form of colors. An attempt to transfer the thoughts within to canvases outside, creating voids to be filled in yet again- Evolution, if I can call it that.

It happens when it happens.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Have you ever considered any real freedoms? Freedoms from the opinion of others... even the opinions of yourself?" - Apocalypse Now

Sartre would be delighted.

http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/sartre/works/exist/sartre.htm

Popular Posts